Adulting 101


Alaska Department of Health and Social Service Division of Public Health 

Need a copy of your birth certificate?

Social Security Administration

Need a replacement social security card?

Department of Motor Vehicles AK

Need to know how to get a license or permit?  Check out the state DMV website.

Civil Service

Selective Service A.K.A The Draft

Almost all male U.S. citizens and male immigrants, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service. It’s the law.


Did you know you can register to vote 90 days before you turn 18? (Click Register To Vote – You can do it online with ID or a paper form)


Department of Labor

Local Job Bank


Local Homer food pantry serving Homer, Nanwalek, Port Graham, and Seldovia (Contact to find your local coordinator)

National Search For Food Banks

Mental Health and Wellness


Department of Public Safety

On this site, you may see information about a registered sex offender whom you may know or be related to or who may live, work, or go to school near you.

The information contained on this portion of NSOPW will assist you in learning the facts about sexual abuse and help you protect yourself and loved ones from potential victimization.

Campus Safety

How safe is are college campuses?  Use this link to learn more and compare schools.

Abuse (Online chat available) (Online chat available)

Phone: 1-800-4-A-Child ( 1-800-422-4452)

Suicide Prevention

If an emergency contact 911 immediately

Alaska Careline 24/7 Help Line 1- 877- 266 – HELP (4357) (Confidential and anonymous help 24/7)
Crisis Textline 24/7 Text: 741-741 (Confidential and anonymous help 24/7)

Healthy Relationships

Adult Education

(Free math, reading, writing, life skills, GED prep for adults)